In a world filled with expensive-to-maintain laser printers it is smart to consider the latest advancement in line matrix printing before choosing a print technology. Printronix has consistently pioneered new innovations to ensure this technology remains highly competitive and relevant for today’s printing applications. Here are five reasons to consider the latest generation of Line Matrix printers:
1. Lowest Cost of Ownership
• The average lifespan of a line matrix printer is 7 to 10 years as compared to only 3 years for laser printers.
• Cartridge Ribbons are up to six times less expensive than laser toner cartridges.
• As print volume increases, consumable savings grow dramatically.
• Cartridge ribbons give users up to 20% improvement in consumable cost per page over spool type ribbons used by legacy line printers.
• Line Matrix printers deliver unmatched up-time and reliability.
• Document integrity is more easily maintained with continuous forms media as opposed to cut sheets.
• PrintNet Enterprise, our remote printer management utility, delivers visibility and remote control for all network connected devices.
3. Reliable Performance in Any Environment
• Line Matrix printers perform reliably in non-climate controlled environments where temperature, humidity and airborne contaminants cause form feeding and print quality issues for other print technologies.
4. Application Adaptability
• Printronix’s OpenPrint technology allows printers to Plug & Play in PDF and PostScript, ERP environments.
• Many Independent Software Vendors provide label design software and ERP solutions that natively support the Printronix language for graphics, text and barcode images.
• Line Matrix remains the best technology for printing multi-part forms, oversize media, labels, card stock, and other non-typical media types.
5. Environmentally Friendly
• When compared to laser printers, Energy Star® certified Line Matrix Printers consume as little as 1/3rd the energy when printing, and 1/7th the energy when in standby mode.
• Throughout their life span, Line Matrix Printers will generate far less landfill waste from consumables, packaging and printer hardware.
• Cartridge ribbons emit none of the fine particulate emissions generated by laser printers.
For more information on the P8000 series, please download our brochure.